One of our seminars and several audition opportunities have pre-event signups available now! (NOTE: If a seminar or audition is not listed below, pre-event signups are not required.)
Communion Bread Baking
This is a seminar to learn the art of baking communion bread for youth and adults, held from 2:30-4:15 p.m. on Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday. The bread that is baked in each of these seminars will be used during Friday morning’s communion service. And, each seminar participant will be able to take home a fresh loaf of bread! (Note: This is an extended-length seminar and will continue through Seminar II.) Space each day is limited, so it is strongly encouraged that you sign-up before arriving at Lake Junaluska.
Additional Seminar Info
Sharing of Repertoire
Organists that are planning to attend Eileen Guenther’s seminar on 2:30 p.m. Tuesday in Stuart Auditorium should bring favorite organ compositions with them to share with attendees. Please note: This is NOT a master class but a sharing of music and ideas.
Singing Basics for Youth and Adults
Separate seminars will be offered for youth (2:30 Monday) and adults (4:30 Tuesday) to explore breathing exercises and basic concepts of singing. Participants who wish to sing a portion of a song during the seminar should plan to bring three copies of the music – one for the accompanist, one for the seminar leader as well as one for the singer.
Youth Talent Show
Auditions will be held beginning at 3:30 p.m. Monday in Terrace 213. All groups or individuals will need to sign up IN ADVANCE for a five-minute audition and check in at the table outside Terrace 213. Only those acts auditioning will be permitted in the audition room during their audition. The Talent Show is open to students participating in either the Middle High or Senior High program.
Please note the following guidelines related to the Talent Show:
- Time limit for all acts is 3.5 minutes.
- Each youth may appear on the stage only once as a featured performer. He/she may appear as a soloist or as part of an ensemble, but not both. Exceptions include youth who accompany another act.
- No more than three (3) acts per church may audition.
- Songs are to be accompanied (live or recorded) unless they are designed to be sung a cappella.
- All acts will be auditioned before the show.
- Clean and ready-to-play recordings must be provided to the Stuart Auditorium staff before the show.
Handbell auditions will be held from 2:00-6:15 p.m. Sunday in Lambuth 103. Auditions are required for the Adult Advanced and Intermediate I choirs.